Created by Norwegian sculptor Sigvald Asbjørnsen, this bronze and granite Civil War memorial was dedicated in 1905. The sculpture depicts three soldiers - one holding a damaged flag, one kneeling and aiming his rifle, and one wounded soldier.
Memorials, Art - Sculpture
In the background, a flagpole flies an American flag and a POW/MIA flag. The red domed building is the historical Decatur Transfer House, which was used by electric streetcar patrons from 1889-1936.
Links: siris-artinventories.si.edu, en.wikipedia.org