The Majorelle Garden is a botanical garden that was designed by the expatriate French artist Jacques Majorelle (1886-1962) in 1924, during the colonial period when Morocco was a protectorate of France.
The garden has been open to the public since 1947. Since 1980 the garden has been owned by Yves Saint-Laurent and Pierre Bergé.
YSL used the villa on the ground as his retreat.
After Yves Saint Laurent died in 2008 his ashes were scattered in the Majorelle Garden.
By neotrix @ 2009-11-30 13:21:56