Officially known as Her Majesty's Royal Chapel of the Mohawks, it is the oldest building in Ontario. The chapel was constructed in 1785 by the British and given to the Mohawk Indians led by Joseph Brant. Brant and the Mohawks supported the crown in the American Revolution and as a result lost their land in New England and settled in Canada.
Joseph Brant's body was moved in 1850 from its original site in Burlington, Ontario to its current site is located on the side of the chapel.
The chapel is apart of the Anglican church.
By tallturtle82 @ 2015-11-18 10:24:31