The Murad Pasha Mosque (Arabic: جامع مراد باشا, transliteration: Jami Murad Pasha) is an early Ottoman-era mosque and mausoleum in Damascus, Syria, located in the Suwayqa sector of the Al-Midan quarter. The mosque was erected and named after Murad Pasha, who served as the Ottoman governor ("wali") of Damascus between 1568-1569. The mosque was built in 1568. The mosque is also known as the Naqshbandi Mosque (Arabic: جامع النقشبندي) after the Naqshbandi sufi order which it served as a center for.
By nico @ 2013-04-07 18:23:26