In the years 1767-1773, Prince-Bishop Adam Friedrich von Seinsheim built on the banks of the Main River a lifting facility, which is known by the name "Old Cranes". This crane was used by barge operators to unload ships until 1846. The executive architect was Franz Ignaz Neumann, the son of the famous Baroque master Johann Balthasar Neumann. With this structure Franz Ignaz Neumann created an engineering marvel which is still admired today.
Transportation - Cargo and Freight