The Old Jewish Cemetery of Copenhagen dates back to 1684 when the first funeral here took place, the headstone is still present. It was in use until around 1905.
Future funerals took place, and still does, at the Vestre Jewish Cemetery the new cemetery which opened in 1870.
1940 it was closed for the public after the occupation of Nazi-Germany, it was opened again in the spring of 2010. Luckily it wasn't destroyed by the Germans
Jacob Herman Bing and Meyer Hermann Bing, co-founders of Royal Copenhagen porcelain (Bing and Grøndahl) were buried here.