The original Waffle House. The first Waffle House opened on Labor Day weekend in 1955 at 2719 East College Avenue in Avondale Estates, Georgia. That restaurant was founded by Joe Rogers Sr. and Tom Forkner, who both continue to own a majority of the company. Waffle House repurchased the original restaurant, which was sold in the early 1970's and was most recently a Chinese restaurant. The company restored it using original blueprints for use as a private company museum.
Also seen here on VG: http://virtualglobetrotting.com/map/original-waffle-house/