Fort Amherst, in Kent, England, was constructed in 1756 at the southern end of the Brompton lines of defence to protect the southeastern approaches to Chatham Dockyard and the River Medway against a French invasion. Part of it is now open to the public.
Military - Historic - Forts and Batteries
The primary purpose of all the Medway fortifications was the defence of the Naval Dockyard.
Links: en.wikipedia.org, moviemaps.org