The magic began in the late 1950's when toy store owner Norman Rosenburg built the original park next to his store at the eastern end of the Park and Shop lot. Naming it King Norman's Wonderland, the park began with a merry-go-round, a train, a ferris wheel and miniature cars, which required a driver's license issued by the park.�
The Wonderland enchanted children until 1965, when it was removed due to an expansion of the shopping center.
Bill Edwards, an employee of the original park, decided to keep the magic alive and purchased the rides when it closed. He moved them to Oakland for a brief period, but soon returned to Willow Pass Park in 1970, where Pixie Playland, (it's original name), has been ever since. Bill maintained the magic until 1989, when he retired. The City of Concord purchased several rides and turned the operation of the park over to Sam Johnston in May 1990. The park was renovated in 1995.
In 2000, it was sold to Jeff Warrenburg who maintained the enchantment until 2004. Jeff developed several new and exciting events, with the most popular being the Annual Easter Egg Hunt.
Cindy Brumley bought the park in 2004. With meticulous attention to detail and safety, Cindy has ensured that Pixieland will remain a Concord tradition for years to come.