The Ponte degli Scalzi (or Ponte dei Scalzi), literally, "bridge of the barefoot", is one of only three in Venice to span the Grand Canal.
The bridge connects the sestieri of Santa Croce and Cannaregio. On the north side, Cannaregio, are the Chiesa degli Scalzi (church of the barefoot) and the Santa Lucia (Ferrovia) railway station. The south side, Santa Croce, is close to the bus station Piazzale Roma.
Designed by Eugenio Miozzi, it was completed in 1934, replacing an Austrian iron bridge.
Ponte degli Scalzi is located close to the site of construction of the fourth bridge over the Grand Canal, to be known as Ponte di Calatrava. Construction has been delayed, and is still in progress (as of February 2006). This bridge will be slightly closer to the bus station.