Built in 1829 this used to be the entrance to the Royal Arsenal in Woolwich. It has now become detached from the Royal Arsenal and is on the edge of Woolwich Market.
The Royal Arsenal Gatehouse is a prominent building to the north side of Woolwich Market Square. It is currently used as office space. The date, 1829, is shown each side of the name, Royal Woolwich Arsenal, on the front of the building.