The RS (Restaurant Ship) Hispaniola started life as the MV Maid of Ashton in 1952 as a ferry on the Firth of Clyde to the Western Isles. She was one of four "Maids" that replaced old paddle steamers. Coming out-of-service in 1973, the MV Maid of Ashton was brought to the River Thames around 1980, after a refit and modification, and was renamed the RS Hispaniola and moored alongside the Victoria Embankment.
Vehicle - Boats
Links: hispaniola.co.uk, en.wikipedia.org, www.theheritagetrail.co.uk