Elmcroft, originally the home of Frank C.B. Page, built in 1917, was purchased by the Soviet Union in the 1950s.
According to a 1992 report by the Associated Press, the estate was developed into 12 apartments in the main house with 12 cottages surrounding the home, each with 4 apartments. The property reportedly housed over 40 families.
In December 2016, President Obama expelled the Russians from the property for the country's for its alleged meddling in the 2016 presidential election, giving the residents 72 hours to leave the country.
By jdubble07 @ 2016-12-30 10:06:44