Earthquake refugee cottages, commonly referred to as "San Francisco Earthquake Shacks" were built by the Department of Lands and Buildings of the Relief Corporation to house refugees from the 1906 San Francisco earthquake and fire. Around 5,000 cottages were constructed to house over 16,000 San Franciscans in 11 refugee camps. When the camps began closing in 1907, residents of the "shacks" often hauled them to private lots and cobbled together two or more to form larger residences. In late 2015, this one sold for a little over $400,000.
Homes - Historic
Links: www.marketwatch.com, sf.curbed.com, www.nps.gov