St Andrew Undershaft is a historic Church of England Church located within the City of London. The church received its unusual name from the shaft of the maypole that was set up opposite the church each year. The present incarnation was constructed in 1532 but a church as existed on site since the 12th century. This church is a rare example of a City church the survived both the Great Fire of London and the German Blitzkrieg of World War II. The church today is administered from the nearby St Helen's Church, Bishopsgate (see map submitted by chaswatson).
By tallturtle82 @ 2016-02-16 06:47:35