St Johns Asylum

St Johns Asylum


Lincoln, United Kingdom (GB)
St Johns Asylum, Lincoln was built in 1852, originally called Lincolnshire County Pauper Lunatic Asylum.

It housed around 1000 patients including children who had their own section of the hospital.

Unbeliveably the asylum closed in 1989 and has laid derelict ever since, although new homes have begun to spring up in the old hospital grounds.
St Johns Asylum, Lincoln was built in 1852, originally called Lincolnshire County Pauper Lunatic Asylum.

It housed around 1000 patients including children who had their own section of the hospital.

Unbeliveably the asylum closed in 1989 and has laid derelict ever since, although new homes have begun to spring up in the old hospital grounds.
View in Google Earth Hospitals, Abandoned
Links: www.abandonedpast.co.uk
By: alfjon

Advertisement

Around the World Mailing List

Comments

Policies
Please enable images and enter code to post
Reload

Advertisement