The present church of St. John here at Silverdale was built to a 14th Century design by Ball and Elce, and is a Grade II listed building.
On the old foundations of the original chapel, the registry shows that a chapel was built here in 1680; much later in 1829 the present day church was built. In 1871, the church became a Parish church. The imposing tower has a peel of 6 bells. Silverdale and the surrounding area has now been dedicated as a "Site of Outstanding Natural Beauty"
By kkeps @ 2008-12-22 07:05:29