St Margaret's church lies to the west of Barking town centre and is located between Broadway and North Street to the east and Abbey Road to the west in an area known as Abbey Green. The oldest part of the current church dates from c13th century with the bell tower added in the 15th century. Captain James Cook, the famous explorer, was married here in December 1762.
Religious - Christianity
Links: www.saintmargarets.org.uk, www.ianvisits.co.uk