St Mary the Great or Great St Mary's or GSM, as it is known locally, occupies a site between the Market Place to the east and Senate House to the west. A church has stood on this site for over 800 years with the first church being built here c 1205. The current building was constructed between 1478 and 1519, the tower being completed in 1606, and is the largest church in Cambridge.
Entry to the church is free but there is a charge to climb the tower that has 123 steps but offers great views over the city.
By chaswatson @ 2015-12-13 03:30:59