Built in 1916-17
The owner wanted a specific brick to be used that was only available in Salt Lake City. The cost to ship the bricks would have been much more than the bricks cost, so the owner William Coltharp figured out he could mail them cheaper. He proceeded to have the bricks packaged in boxes less than 50 pounds and had them postal service ship them at 7 cents a brick. Some 80,000 bricks, about 40 boxes a day, traveled by rail & wagon 407 miles to vernal and the bank was built and is still in use today. After this the postal service changed its regulations to limit the amount of goods that could be shipped.