The Grand Opera House opened in 1901 on Rocky Ford’s Main Street. It started showing movies in 1926. After a blaze caused heavy damage to the building, it was rebuilt in 1935 as the Grand Theater. It remained in operation until 1985 when it closed due to dwindling business.
Theatres - Movie, Theatres - Stage
In 1991, a group of residents presented the city council with a plan to operate the theater themselves if the city would purchase the Grand Theatre, which it did, from the United Artists chain. In addition to movies, the Grand Theatre occasionally presents live entertainment.