The Immaculate's spire ( 1747-1750) is one of the most suggestive baroque monuments of the city. More than 34 mts high, it is a marble transposition of the scenery created on the occasion of religious festivals, made in order to qualify the urban setting and to capture the passers-by's attention with its scenery. The spire was designed by the architect Genoino and was erected by Giuseppe Di Fiore. It is composed of circular, white marble blocks, it presents a spiral structure. The third floor is surrounded by a balustrade, interrupted by pillars bearing the marble statues of four saints who belong to the Jesuit order: St. Ignatius, St. Francis Borgia, St. Francis Saverius, and St. John Regis. On the top, the golden copper statue of the Immaculate is leaning on a pedestal. It was erected in 1740 when the work was completed ; the spire is named after it .