This former Art Deco movie theater is located in downtown Marfa’s main street. It was the Marfa Opera House before its cinematic incarnation, but has been closed since the 1970s. A local illustrator now uses the building as his studio.
Theatres - Movie, Theatres - Opera, Buildings - Theaters
The Palace’s claim to fame was the nightly screenings in 1955 of Elizabeth Taylor and James Dean pictures while George Stevens and his Warner Brothers crew (including aforementioned stars) were shooting “Giant” right outside of town. The dailies were screened across the street at the Texas Theater.