This Ancient Silver – Lead mine was re-opened in 1806 and worked successfully for the next seventy years. The mine was worked by water power until 1868 when this building was erected to house a Cornish Beam Pumping Engine. Until its closure in 1877 all pumping, winding and crushing of ore was carried out by steam power. In 1967 the ruined engine house and stack were acquired and made safe by the National Trust as a memorial to the mining industry of Dartmoor. The remains of many spoil heaps shafts and water gullies can be seen in the area.
Buildings - Misc