WLR Ribble Bridge was a bridge on the now closed West Lancashire Railway in England. The railway operated from 1873 to 1930.
The bridge crossed the River Ribble. The bridge was 45ft above the river, had six piers made from stone. The six piers supported five iron spans. On the south side of the river bank the bridge crossed Leyland Road and the railway then went along an embankment. On the north side of the river the bridge crossed Broadgate Road and the railway was carried over a masonry viaduct with 12 arches and then approached Preston WLR Station.
What's left today:
All the iron spans have been removed, but the piers still remain. The embankment of the south side is still clearly visible. The bridge now carries som form of pipe line.
By Drudii @ 2015-05-15 15:24:10