On the plaque:
"This trophy was unveiled by H.R.H. The Prince of Wales, K.G., on June 6, 1931 to commemorate the service of R.N.V.R. officers and men in The Great War, including 125,000 officers and men who were trained for all branches of the Royal Navy at the training depot, H.M.S. Victory VI at the Crystal Palace, 1914 - 1918."