Company started as a partnership in the 1920s between Harry Blackstone and Percy Abbott called "Blackstone Magic Company" in Colon, MI where Blackstone would invite fellow magicians to relax and fish on Sturgeon Lake.
Museums - Culture, Buildings - Museums
After a falling out, Abbott opened his own company in 1934 with Recil Bordner. Abbott's held an open house in August of that year and it turned into an annual festival that continues to this day. Recil's son, Greg Bordner, took over the business in 1974.