Addington Palace is a largely 18th-century Palace in Addington near Croydon, south London. It was a residence of six Archbishops of Canterbury.
The original Addington Palace was built in the 16th century away from the site of the earlier manor. Former Lord Mayor of London, Barlow Trecothick took the house over in the late 18th century and much redevelopment ensued, transforming it into a three-storey Palladian-style country mansion with single-storey wings and a splendid Great Hall, completed in 1778. The substantial grounds and gardens were landscaped by Lancelot "Capability" Brown.
An Act of Parliament in 1807 enabled the mansion to be purchased for the Archbishops of Canterbury, since nearby Croydon Palace had become inconvenient. It was renamed Addington Palace and further changes were made, much overseen by Richard Norman Shaw.