Built in 1936 by Harvey Entertainment, the classic 450-seat Angel Theatre was restored in 1999 by its current owners, Cinema West, and converted into a triplex.
Buildings - Theaters
The main auditorium features murals of Gold Country miners, which are lit by original trough lighting. The main theater also contains a large stage and curtain. During the restoration, stadium seating was installed along with state-of-the-art projection and sound equipment.
Two smaller theaters are located in the former balcony, which has been refurbished with more leg room and better sight lines. A fourth auditorium was added to the building in the latter part of 2001. Recently, the Angels added a fifth screen.