Arch of Augustus

Arch of Augustus


Fano, Italy (IT)
The Roman gate called Arco d'Augusto. The upper storey was destroyed in a siege conducted on the order of Pope Pius II in 1463, although a bas-relief of it was immediately made on an adjacent wall. Annexed to the arch are the church and the loggia of St. Michael, the former having a noteworthy Renaissance portal.
The Roman gate called Arco d'Augusto. The upper storey was destroyed in a siege conducted on the order of Pope Pius II in 1463, although a bas-relief of it was immediately made on an adjacent wall. Annexed to the arch are the church and the loggia of St. Michael, the former having a noteworthy Renaissance portal.
View in Google Earth Ancient
Links: www.comune.fano.pu.it
By: adrbr

Advertisement

Comments

Policies
Please enable images and enter code to post
Reload

Advertisement