The 14,021 sq.ft. mansion, known as "Arlough", was built around 1916 for Robert Low Bacon, a banker and member of the United States Congress from 1923-1938. He built "Arlough" on a piece of his father Robert Bacon's estate "Old Acres" which sat next door. His father was a United States Secretary of State and Ambassador to France.
Residential, Homes - Historic