Commissioned in 1933 by Walter Luff, the controller of the network, in a bid to modernise the tramway's fleet, they were intended to replace the Dreadnought cars that had been in service since the opening of the tramway. They were built by English Electric during 1934 and 1935, the first being presented to Blackpool on 10 December 1934. 27 were delivered, of which thirteen were open-topped. Numbered 237-263 and used on both summer and winter services.

In 1968 they were re-numbered to 700-726.
http://www.freewebs.com/fyldetramwaysociety-blackpool/710.jpg
View in Google Earth Categories: Land - Rail
Links: en.wikipedia.org
By: adrbr
Advertisement

Comments

Policies
Please enable images and enter code to post
Reload
Advertisement