Staveley Roundhouse was built to a standard Midland square shed design in 1870. After 1948 it became known as Barrow Hill so as not to confuse it with the ex-Great Central shed nearby. It was operational from 1870 until 9 February 1991. After becoming a listed building and following extensive renovation, the entire engine roundhouse, depot, yard, sidings and associated railway lines were all re-opened between 1989 and 1998. Ten years later it had become the home to many preserved British railway locomotives.
Transportation - Rail - Turntables