Battery 520

Battery 520


Sullivan's Island, South Carolina (SC), US
Battery 520 was built in 1944 as part of the harbor defense of Charleston. The casemated battery contained two 12" guns. It was deactivated in 1947.

Nowadays the casemates are converted into residences. They are private property but visible from the road.

Advertisement

Comments

Policies
Please enable images and enter code to post
Reload

Advertisement