There was a lighthouse in this area as early as 1670. This lighthouse replaced the Belle Tout Lighthouse, in operation fron 1828 to 1899. The tower is built of 3,660 tons of Cornish granite. It is just offshore near the foot of a high cliff.
View in Google Earth Categories: Lighthouses
Links: www.lhdigest.com
By: kjfitz
Advertisement

Comments

Policies
Please enable images and enter code to post
Reload
Advertisement