This is a minor light on the coast of the Upper Bristol Channel near the town of Portishead. It was built as an aid to navigation of shipping in and out of the River Avon. The light was converted to electric and automated in 1941 and further modernised in 2000. It is now controlled form Harwich.
View in Google Earth Categories: Lighthouses
Links: www.lighthouse-duo.net
By: kjfitz
Advertisement

Comments

Policies
Please enable images and enter code to post
Reload
Advertisement