Advertisement

Comments

Policies
Please enable images and enter code to post
Reload
Matheus_ picture
@ 2012-02-23 04:28:50
Before the war, this building served as the seat of the OGPOe (secret police) and later the NKVD.The "Big House" remained undamaged throughout the Siege of Leningrad (1941-1944). The top floor was used to detain captured German officers. German pilots knew this and therefore dit not attack the building.

Advertisement