Located at 8614 Chestnut Avenue in historic Old Bowie, the station was relocated from its original site across the railroad tracks and restored in the 1990’s. The Baltimore and Potomac Railroad Company built the first station in 1872 at the junction of rail lines into Washington, D.C. and Southern Maryland. The lines were later integrated into the Pennsylvania Railroad Company system. The Town of Bowie (originally Huntington City) grew up around the train station. The existing museum buildings were constructed in the early 1900’s, but closed in 1989.
Category: Museums - History