Capo di Bove Tower

Capo di Bove Tower


Rome, Italy (IT)
Beyond the junction between the via Appia and the via di Cecilia Metella,
immediately after a section of ancient paving, on the left it is possible to see the cement nucleus of a tower or aedicule sepulchre of various storeys, known as the Capo di Bove Tower. Two plaques affixed to the monument serve as a reminder to the trigonometric measurements made along the straight stretch of the via Appia by the astronomer Father Angelo Secchi in 1855.
Beyond the junction between the via Appia and the via di Cecilia Metella,
immediately after a section of ancient paving, on the left it is possible to see the cement nucleus of a tower or aedicule sepulchre of various storeys, known as the Capo di Bove Tower. Two plaques affixed to the monument serve as a reminder to the trigonometric measurements made along the straight stretch of the via Appia by the astronomer Father Angelo Secchi in 1855.
View in Google Earth Ancient
By: Effi

Advertisement

Comments

Policies
Please enable images and enter code to post
Reload

Advertisement