The Jagua Fortress (Spanish: Castillo de Jagua) is a fortress south of Cienfuegos in Cuba. It is located near the entrance to the Bay of Cienfuegos (Spanish: Bahia de Cienfuegos), in the port of Jagua.
Castles, Military - Historic - Forts and Batteries
The fortress was erected by Spanish king Philip V. in the 1740s to protect the bay from Caribbean pirates that used to land there before the town of Cienfuegos was settled in 1819.
It was originally named Castillo de Nuestra Señora de los Ángeles de Jagua.