The Chain Bridge is a bridge across the Potomac River at the Little Falls in Washington, D.C. It connects the city with Arlington County, Virginia.
The first bridge at that location was opened on July 3, 1797. The eighth (and present) bridge is a continuous steel girder structure, finished in 1939.
At its D.C. terminus, the bridge connects with Canal Road and the Clara Barton Parkway. At its Virginia terminus, the bridge connects with Virginia State Highway 123 (Chain Bridge Road). Chain Bridge Road provides access to Virginia State Highway 120 (Glebe Road) and the George Washington Memorial Parkway.