The Chapel Royal is a gothic revival building designed by Francis Johnston. Construction started in 1807 and was completed in 1814. The building started life as a Church of Ireland chapel until the British left in 1922. In 1943 the chapel was taken over by the Irish Army and became a Roman Catholic church. It remains consecrated but services are no longer held here.
Buildings - Religious
Links: www.dublincastle.ie, en.wikipedia.org, archiseek.com