Chester Village Cemetery was added to the National Register of Historic Places in 1979.
According to the state historical marker at the site, "This graveyard, one of the oldest in the state, was purchased by Col. John Blunt for 70 pounds in 1751. Signed stones by the finest stone sculptors in New England are found here. Among these craftsmen are: Stephen and Abel Webster, John Marble, John Wright and Timothy Eastman. Revolutionary heroes rest here as well as two governors of the state, Samuel and John Bell, William Richardson, Chief Justice of the N.H. Supreme Court, Isaac Blasdel the clockmaker, and others."
View in Google Earth Categories: Cemeteries
Links: en.wikipedia.org
By: neotrix
Advertisement

Comments

Policies
Please enable images and enter code to post
Reload
Advertisement