It was built in 1829 by Charles Robert Cockerell with an interior by T Burrough.
Religious - Christianity
The church was completely rebuilt after being gutted during the Bristol Blitz of World War II. Nothing survives of the original cruciform, galleried interior, except the use of a shallow glazed dome.
It has been designated by English Heritage as a grade * listed building.