Columbus Monument

Columbus Monument


Baltimore, Maryland (MD), US
It was donated by the French Consul to Baltimore, Charles Francois Adrian de Paulmier, Chevalier d'Anmour. It is the first monument to Columbus in the United States (and in the world). It was initially erected in 1792 on the consul's estate at the corner of North Avenue and Harford Road. It was moved to the present location in Herring Run Park near Harford Road near the Samuel Ready Institute on Columbus Day, 1964. It is one of three Monuments to Columbus in Baltimore.
It was donated by the French Consul to Baltimore, Charles Francois Adrian de Paulmier, Chevalier d'Anmour. It is the first monument to Columbus in the United States (and in the world). It was initially erected in 1792 on the consul's estate at the corner of North Avenue and Harford Road. It was moved to the present location in Herring Run Park near Harford Road near the Samuel Ready Institute on Columbus Day, 1964. It is one of three Monuments to Columbus in Baltimore.
View in Google Earth Memorials
Links: www.vanderkrogt.net
By: boothy443

Advertisement

Comments

Policies
Please enable images and enter code to post
Reload

Advertisement