Klagenfurt, the only Commonwealth war cemetery in Austria, was begun in June 1945 by the British occupying forces, who moved graves into it from all over the country. It now contains 589 Commonwealth burials of the Second World War. Between 1950 and 1954, eight First World War graves were moved into the cemetery from small cemeteries at Innsbruck, Mauthausen, Muhldorf and Vienna.
View in Google Earth Categories: Cemeteries, Military - Historic
Links: www.cwgc.org
By: bubaonline
Advertisement

Comments

Policies
Please enable images and enter code to post
Reload
Advertisement