Arad Copeland (1805-1884) built the quaint old brige in 1879 after a previous open bridge had been destroyed by melting spring snow and ice. He decided to build the present covered bridge to get his cows safely to pasture on the other side of Beecher Creek.
The Copeland Covered Bridge was placed on the National Register of Historic Places on August 6, 1998.
View in Google Earth Categories: Bridges - Covered Bridges
Links: www.hmdb.org
By: neotrix
Advertisement

Comments

Policies
Please enable images and enter code to post
Reload
Advertisement