Between 1866 and 1953, a railway ran between the town and Cork city, terminating in the mart grounds. In 1890 there were five services each way on week days and two on Sundays, and the running time was just over an hour. Macroom railway station opened on 12 May 1866, closed for passenger traffic on 1 July 1935, closed for goods traffic on 10 March 1947 and finally closed altogether on 1 December 1953.
View in Google Earth Categories: Bridges - Rail
Links: en.wikipedia.org
By: Drudii
Advertisement

Comments

Policies
Please enable images and enter code to post
Reload