A structural earthwork mound on the Little Tennessee River. Europeans first entering this area in the 1700's found a Cherokee village with a large council house built on this mound.

From its size, shape and prehistoric finds in the area, it is assumed to have been built earlier, during the era of the Mississippian cultures. It is a National Register of Historic Places site.
View in Google Earth Categories: Indian
Links: www.megalithic.co.uk, www.panoramio.com
By: Parabellum
Advertisement

Comments

Policies
Please enable images and enter code to post
Reload
Advertisement