Owned by Nebraska University, it's being leased to a company for ranching and storage...[T]his site has been used by the Nebraska National Guard as a training site for at least 5 years, mostly for military police K-9 training.

Offutt's missiles were manned by the 549th SMS which was activated August 15 1959, went on alert March 30 1962, started going off alert October 1 1964, and was inactivated December 14 1964.
View in Google Earth Categories: Military - Historic, Military - Historic - Closed Facility
Links: w3.uwyo.edu
By: kjfitz
Advertisement

Comments

Policies
Please enable images and enter code to post
Reload
Advertisement